Norway's Efforts to Contain Greenhouse Gases Move Forward -- and Backfire


The Wall Street Journal, September 30, 2008

In 1991, Norway became one of the first countries in the world to impose a stiff tax on harmful greenhouse gas emissions. Since then, the country's emissions should have dropped. Instead, they have risen by 15%.
Although the tax forced Norway's oil and gas sector to become among the greenest in the world, soaring energy prices led to a boom in offshore production, which in turn boosted overall emissions. Read more...

1 comment:

NorHage - Terrasse Tak said...

The only word that I can use here is complete. I am delighted to receive well defined information all under one roof. Now I am ready to book greenhouse or my choice and will not make any sort of delay as well. Plus I also request others to have a loom too.

Drivhus | Drivhus Til Salgs | Terrasse Tak | Polykarbonat | Polykarbonat Platter | Kanalplast | Drivhus Plast | Drivhus I Tre | PVC Gardin